Friday, March 30, 2012

Tis' the Season to be Jolly

Don’t you just love election time? For me it is like Christmas although it only comes once in five years but it is like Christmas for me nevertheless. The reason I say so is because there is so much excitement, so much of hype and not to mention the streets being lined with each party’s flags.

The best part of it all is the mudslinging from both the divides. Sometimes it reminds me of monkeys throwing faeces at each other because the shots that some politicians decide to take are so stupid that I feel how did these people get elected in the first place. At the same time, the promises that are made during this time as well, gives me a certain excitement because it is a good time to place a bet to see  whether the politicians’ promises will be implemented or not. You got 5 years to pay up to the winner; I say this is a good deal.

The most recent promise by PR is the cancellation of PTPTN which I think it is a little bit too farfetched. Good that education should be free but we are being told that the revenue from Petronas can fund the education. Really? But for how long? These are the things that I have mentioned before that we need to be critical about Pakatan if they come into power. If you promise something, make sure it is delivered. Don’t just do lip service and then once you really form the government, everything promised is forgotten and the rakyat become suckers again.

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me are the issues that are being highlighted in parliament. In developed countries, lawmakers are talking about the economy, how to alleviate the well being of the society and you know, important stuff. Here, our lawmakers are talking about rehabilitating gay people. Now, seriously, gay people… I DON’T GIVE TWO SHITS about who’s bonking who. How does rehabilitating gay people help me in any way? See with issues like this brought up in the parliament, I think we should be smart enough to know if our reps should be reelected.

Although my mind is already made up on voting pakatan in just to give them a chance to see if they really mean business and commit to real reforms, I would also like them to know, that I can vote them out as well. So please, if you too are going to bring up shitty motions in parliament like rehabilitating gay people, I swear to god, you will be voted out. Please do not make us look stupid to the eyes of the world.

Having said all that, I urge everyone to please register yourself as a voter. It does not take too long, it can be done in post offices and it is free. Remember that it is all in your hands. Don’t sit down and complain about the shit you see but not do anything. Let’s come out beramai-ramai and vote! Merry Christmas!

No comments: