Saturday, January 14, 2012

My 10th Anniversary – A short vacation to PD


My wife and I have been together for 10 wonderful years. We got married 3 years ago but we were a couple for 7 years prior. I really value our relationship and I dare say that she has literally been there for me through extremely troubled times and also not forgetting to mention the good times.

To commemorate the 10th year of us being together, I planned a quick trip to PD as we did not have much time out of our busy schedule because most of our time is spent at work and also when back home, looking after our son and on weekends, it is fully dedicated to well, our son. This time around, we managed to get our baby sitter to look after our son whilst we took a quick trip to Port Dickson. The reason for the choice was because it was nearby and should there have been any emergencies, we could have easily rushed back to KL.

I had to make this trip very interesting because it was our 10th year and had very limited time. So I decided to keep the location a secret to my wife and made the plans all by myself. I booked a water chalet in PD at the Lexis Water Chalets (formerly known as The Legend Water Chalets). I must say that it was very good! The hotel itself looks grand and the rooms were class. I got the deal for a decent price as well because it was a weekday. It was just nice as I only booked the room for the night.

Out of 10, I would give this hotel a good 8 because of the environment and the setting and also the facilities that are provided. There are choices of rooms whereby you can book a single story chalet which has a glass panel on the floor which is right above the sea (I found that very cool indeed, macam rusa masuk kampong la, katakan). It also has a bath tub, open bathroom (meaning that the roof can be opened so you can bathe under the moonlight… very romantic indeed). There is a common swimming pool (if you book the rooms at Grand Lexis, there is a swimming pool in each villa). Also, the chalets have balconies, so you can just sit around, have a beer and read a book over the sea, it was a very pleasant experience indeed. You get a queen size bed in the room and also a loveseat by the window so you can see that the room is pretty spacious.

My wife was very impressed and I must say that I gave myself a pat on the back too :) The Chalets are located in Lukut, about 5 KMs away from PD town. If you’re willing to explore PD, there are nice seafood restaurants along the coast.

You can find the Chalet here:
Lexis, Port Dickson
(formerly known as The Legend Water Chalets Port Dickson)
Batu 2, Jalan Seremban,
71000 Port Dickson,
Negeri Sembilan,
Malaysia.

And they’re reachable at: 1 800 88 0017

Website: www.lexispd.com.

No comments: