Monday, August 15, 2011

I have got my plants, now where are them zombies?

Hello and welcome to this week's addition of vege mon (pronounced as man in a Jamaican accent).

Do not quote me on this but did you know that a country is under threat if it does not have agriculture. This is something that I was told during one of my courses.

I believe that is true because the people will run out of food supplies should there be a war. I mean that statement was a no brainer but I am just stating the obvious because some people may have been attacked by zombies and had their brains eaten.

By the way if you're wondering why the title for this article makes no sense is because you have not played plants vs zombies. Do not know that one then google it. I have given out enough simple interpretations.

Well anyway, this week my plants have not made much progress Except for the okra, tomatoes and chili. Okras are sprouting new leaves and shedding the old ones whilst the chili and tomato are growing quite fast. The brinjal still looks like it is creeping on a come up but the lettuce has not grown any taller but the leaves are starting to take shape.

The problem with lettuce is that if it is not grown properly, the leaves will become leathery and not very pleasant to eat. I would not know the fate of my lettuce now so I guess would have to wait.

It has been more than a month now since I planted these crops so it is going to take another 2 or 3 months before I can see any fruits.

I will now leave you with some pictures.











Okra and some of my homemade fertilizers. I have to read up
More on fertilizers and compost because I do not believe those 2 words are interchangeable. I say fertilizer because it helps the plant grow providing it with nutrients but it ain't made of dung. So guys, please help me find the right term.










Brinjal a.k.a eggplant










Tomato










Chili.

P.s: did you guys know that okra/ladies finger is actually part of the same family as hibiscus? Well yes it is. Hence the similarities in the leaves.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments: